Chambers’ Accountant – Leading “Magic Circle” Chambers
Our client, Fountain Court Chambers, is a leading “Magic Circle” commercial set of barristers’ chambers with a formidable reputation, and is seeking to recruit a Chambers Accountant.
Reporting to the Head of Administration, the successful candidate will be tasked to provide management of the finance function to Chambers, ensuring full and accurate accounting records are maintained, for audit by external accountants, and/or inspection by HM Revenue & Customs. Management accounts, and accounts up to trial balance level are produced monthly.
The role will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts ;
- Significant reporting and production of taxation reports (for members) ;
- Preparation of (multiple) quarterly VAT returns ;
- Regular review of processes and controls to ensure best practice being followed in all areas ;
- Preparation of year end accounts and liaison with external auditors ;
- Management and coaching of Finance Assistant.
- Qualified with recognised accountancy body (ACCA, CIMA, ICAW);
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within chambers;
- Content to work using own initiative, setting appropriate priorities and deadlines;
- Have a high level of attention to detail, and accuracy in all work ;
- Have a methodical and logical approach, and be an accomplished problem solver.
- This represents an outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier barristers’ chambers and play an active and hands-on role in its continued success.
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier barristers’ chambers and play an active and hands-on role in its continued success.
The position has an attractive salary package, including discretionary bonus, commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
To discuss this role please contact exclusively retained Consultants GRL Legal LLP:
Paul Reece: firstname.lastname@example.org – 07877 233566
Matthew Curness: email@example.com – 07776 235906
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability, together with your CV to GRL Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 24th January 2018, with initial interviews for suitable applicants taking place immediately.