Fees Clerk – Leading Barristers Chambers (London)
Salary – Circa £35k
Our client is a leading Barristers’ Chambers with a reputation for delivering excellence. Members specialise in and are acknowledged in the legal directories in each of their main practice areas, Commercial and Chancery Litigation, Company and Insolvency, Property and Contentious Trusts and Probate.
- Managing the transfer of payments
- Ensuring cheques are banked daily
- Entering cheques and other payments on to LEX
- Sending fees received correspondence.
- Ensuring relevant finance correspondence is issued in a timely manner
- Daily liaison with solicitors
- Managing the monthly billing process.
- Production of monthly summaries, debtors, payments, VAT invoices & tax revenue
Educated to ‘A’ level standard or able to demonstrate equivalent experience, suitable candidates will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a leading Barristers Chambers in a similar role. They will also possess:
- Clear knowledge and understanding of procedures and regulations around the billing and recovery of Barristers fees
- A mature approach with sound judgement
Knowledge of the LEX Case Management System will be highly desirable along with an appreciation of Sage Accounts.
The role is offered with a salary circa £35k.
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your CV to GRL Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss this role please contact retained Consultants GRL Legal LLP: Matthew Curness: email@example.com – 07776 235906 or Paul Reece: firstname.lastname@example.org – 07877 233566
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Weds 13th December 2017 – early applications are encouraged, with initial interviews for suitable applicants taking place immediately.